Read this only if you have a good sense of humor.
Who would have ever thought that an over the counter cold/flu children's medicine would use allium cepa in it, along with other homeopathics? Well, since homeopathy is my 'thing', personally I should have had the brains to know that! So, for those of you that have no idea what this is or why this is a problem, here is the story:
November 2015, I had a feeling of soreness in my ears, so I started to take the mushroom complex that helps build up my immunity. Well, since the bottle was almost out, I had to squeeze the "RUBBER" top several times to get it to fill up the glass dropper. As I was doing that, I remembered how fortunate it was that I had been healed from the rubber allergy and could now use this type of dropper.
Several months ago, I had been healed of the "rubber/elastic " issue and was able to handle touching and being near those items that have rubber or elastic in them without getting a hive breakout or having problems breathing. Sometimes, I would purposely just go near tires in an oil change business and praise the Lord for being able to do this funny little task of getting the car's oil changed without any allergic breathing incidents.
Back to the story.
After, I got the dropper filled with the mushroom complex liquid, I squirted it to the far back of my throat and instantly felt the most horrible burning sensation I've ever experienced! Lord, help me! I actually fell to my knees because the pain was so intense!
And if I thought my ears were starting to hurt earlier, well, this pain was so intense and hot, like I swallowed a fiery ball from hell! My voice was gone, not even a whisper was possible, I'm sure I burned off the vocal chords and whatever else was in my throat and started praying for the Lord's intervention to my current situation. Think.... Lynn....focus....water, flush out - caused way too much more pain, just sat in a heap and cried out to God to help me know what to do.
A bit later....I manage to swallow a cup or two of water, which in my mind just flushed the fireball from hell further down into my stomach where a battle raged for a little while and fortunately my stomach was the victor, thank You Lord!! But, in the process my voice was completely gone and home group was starting in a few hours. So, I took histaminum hydrochloricum and phytotacca decandra, in several doses, put on my 'I'm fine, no problems mask' and went to home group. If I really pushed my voice, I could squeak out some non intelligent babble about reacting to rubber, which I'm sure most people think I'm just making up! Quite frankly, I think I'm making it up! Why do all these stupid allergic reactions happen to me? Please don't answer that!
Anyways, after we were done, if I talked softly, I had a voice and was happy to believe the Lord healed my little debacle from earlier.
Well, it went from better to worse that night and the burning pain returned as I tried to sleep. Woke up, voice gone, drowning in mucus, painful throat, but no congestion for 3 days, just a horrible cough that causes the worse pain in my whole head, neck and back, but at least maybe it was helping my throat to heal? Wishful thinking.... How? I'm not sure.
Now, I'm sure that whatever damage was caused by the RMM (rubber, mushroom mixture) was the culprit to these symptoms because I did not have that over all sick feeling. The cough was unrelenting and I began to understand that the RMM had actually burned my throat and vocal chords for real and the goop was a result of my throat being burned from the allergic reaction to rubber!
Rubber! You stupid rubber! You, rubber allergy have already been cast off me and have no business coming back to try to terrorize me, so be gone and do not come back! As I lay in my bed, talking to the Lord about this, I could feel His gentle presence and my breathing rate slowed down quite a bit.
I had to try to sleep sitting straight up, and between coughing fits, so I didn't get much sleep time, but the Holy Spirit was right there with me. I mumbled some unintelligent things to Him and He gave me a wonderful peace. It's weird but I now believe that the Holy Spirit hears our thoughts too and we can pray in tongues in our thoughts too. - just my opinion
Anyways, over the next few days things got much worse, so...my daughter had some cough medicine from Walgreens and tells me that it really helped control her cough last time she was sick. Because I was at the point of going crazy from all the coughing, I actually took medicine, but did not check the ingredients....DUH!! At first my chin started to itch, but I believed it was working on my cough because I was starting to be able to have a coughing break every few hours. So, I took doses every 4 hours for two days and ignored my itchy chin. I also decided to try the homemade Elderberry cough syrup (which was quite good tasting) then the turmeric/honey treatment (which was awful).
So.....after the last dose of the cough syrup, my face turned into a mess of hives that itched like crazy. Oh, you've got to be kidding.......or more like crazy! ......histaminum where are you? God, really! Why is this happening!
Okay, let's get a handle on things....so I know that turmeric and honey do not cause issues with me-they just taste really terrible together, but may have caused the reaction or burned my throat a bit more and that caused this reaction.....
The elderberry syrup could be the culprit but I chose instead to look at the ingred to the wonderful cough medicine and wallaaaahhh! Allium cepa, otherwise known as red onion! Aught ohhhh....... ;(
(Side note, I really hope Father God doesn't get frustrated with my stupidity)
Yep, I admit I'm not very intelligent!
The truth hurts at times, but is always beneficial. Learn and move on...
Yes, I did take more histaminum and yea, thank You Lord that it still works to stop the reaction to red onion which by this time was quite bad.
So, I'm still battling with the cough, but only taking non allium cepa homeopathics to combat it.
Looking back on this incident that could really have killed me with anaphylactic shock, makes me realize that the onion/rubber healing is coming in gradual doses, not all at once. Actually, my body withstood 8+ doses of red onion and I am still alive to share it! My ears are swollen almost shut, and I can't hear well and my eustachian tubes feel as though they may blow up, my chest is heavy and sore-inside; my face is a blotchy mess, my eyes are swollen, the inside of my mouth and throat are shredded from being swollen; neck, back are calling for muscles to relax but I am still breathing!!! Wow God!! This is awesome!!! Yes, I am still allergic to allium cepa (red onion), but at least I know for sure what part of onion family causes the most violent reaction!
I love how the Lord can teach me things even through the dumb things I do to myself.
So, through it all, I can say, "it is well with my soul, but unfortunately I'm still allergic to rubber and red onions, but God is still in control of my life!"
Father God kept me alive and I know He will heal my throat and my voice will come back soon too.
As of this posting date, I am fine; although I have had some more allergic reactions to red onions, but I'm still hanging in there.



No comments:
Post a Comment