This was written by Kathy Troccoli (her words are in quotes) and is located in the Women of Faith Study Bible (NIV). It is based on Psalm 51:6. Although I have had my original Bible for about 21 years and love reading it because I know where everything is, I have decided to branch out of my comfort zone and read a new, different version. It is almost like reading a completely new book! My readings were becoming stale in my NKJV Bible, but now everything is coming to life again in the newer Bible. I love the devotions, study guides, and character sketches throughout the Bible that were written by various women.
“The Lord continues to heal and restore the wounded places in me as I allow him access. The process is at times so painful that I want to just ignore it and live my life as best I can. But I do believe that we are as sick as our secrets. The places of hurt we bury deep inside, the wounds that seem to open and close according to the circumstances-these things hinder all that we can become in Jesus, all that He desires for our lives. They affect us both relationally and emotionally. They affect us spiritually and morally.”
“In Psalm 51:6, [David] says [the Lord] desires truth in our inner parts; this is where He can move in power and healing. The psalm goes on to say that He teaches us wisdom in our inmost place. He uproots the bad and pours in His best as we let Him.”
“Do not hide from Him. Do not hide from yourself. Jesus is gentle yet strong and will walk you through to victorious beginnings.”
“You’ll be amazed at the miracle you will become.”
Kathy Troccoli
This just about sums up my whole life struggles!! Sometimes I do not even realize that I have not given Jesus access to parts of my life. I want Him to have complete and total access to everything in my life, but that is not possible until I remember certain things that have taken place. When I do remember them and give them over to Jesus, I do not have to worry about how to handle them. He takes care of everything, I, just have to let Him!! When I am struggling, I will go into hiding and not talk to anyone, including my savior, Jesus! He is the only ONE that can help me, yet I still run from Him. I need to pray my way through all these issues and release them to Jesus, no one else. My goal is to stop running and let Him do His work in me, so that He will be able to use me to bring Him honor and glory in whatever He has for me to do!
I really need someone to hold me to this, so I do not get lazy and forget to do it! My mind gets busy with the things of life that are not even really important, and I forget to do the most important!
“Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” Psalm 51: 10-12



Wow my friend God was bussy with us saturday from different perspectives and verses...
ReplyDeleteI had to post on both blogs!!
JESUS won the Victory all ready for us we only need to stay on the "weel" in the "Refiners fire"....To that conclusion i came and i believe we talk about the same......
Let's keep on holding eachother accountable.....It is Him who connected us....!
Have an great and blessed S(O)nday and week
Bernice